Friday, November 5, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
1. Introduce yourself and your company. We are 2Katie designs, your source for funky, fresh and fabulous projects, scrapbooking class instruction & kits. It's really a different kind of scrapbooking experience! Many people refer to us as " T n T" ( Tennis and Tillman) or " The other Katie". 2Katie Designs is made up of Katie Tennis and Katie Tillman, ( we even share the same middle name. Seriously we are not kidding, ask us about it in one of our classes). Katie Tennis yes it's Tennis like the game) is the homeroom Mom we all love to hate. Everything she does is homemade, cute and supremely creative. Her scrapbooking style is fun and fresh. Katie Tillman is the modern Martha with talent in all area's of craftiness minus the kitchen, (she burns everything, even water!!) Tillman has a unique scrapbooking style that incorporates the use of her favorite techniques and products along with stunning multiple photo layouts.
At times Tillman makes Tennis a bit nervous because she can be some what of a loose cannon. In other words Tennis is the "Oprah" in the friendship and Tillman is "Gail." We are the best of friends and wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone else."
2. How did you get started with your business? We’ve scrapped together for 8+ years and we often sat around and talked about starting a scrapbooking business, but never really did anything but talk about it. Until this past May we decided to "Go for it" and thus 2Katie designs was born. We have grown so much in the past 6 months, we can’t wait to see where we are a year from now!
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? Our biggest challenge has been keeping up with designing! Our customers want MORE, MORE, MORE and we are scrappin’ just as fast as we can to bring new kits to market. It is so rewarding to see kits fly of the shelves and customers wanting MORE of our original designs.
4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? Probably the item that started 2 Katie Designs will always be near & dear to our hearts – it’s a 6x6 Mini album about Motherhood (another area close to our hearts). It was our first time collaborating, making kits & teaching together!
5. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? If we could meet anyone it would be the ladies of the " House of 3" scrapbooking company. These 3 ladies "spark" our creativity with everything they do. Their idea's and projects will knock your socks off. They not only do scrapbooking projects but projects that you can incorporate into the decor of your home which is totally our style.
6. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking?
• Versatile for layering and all page themed. Plus they look pretty in jars on a shelf in our scrapbook room
• It’s kinda like the saying “tan fat looks better than white fat” a scrapbook page just looks better with sparkle
• Just like sprinkles on a cupcake, a page isn’t the same without them. Use them on stickers to add dimension or use them to add sparkle to any patterned paper
7. Complete the sentence, we are all things Funky, Fresh and Fabulous!!!!
8. Our favorite colors to decorate our studio are the Grey and Teal colors you see in our logo. We love all vintage things or anything we can "repurpose" to use in our scrapbook area but sometimes it's whatever the "flavor" of the moment might be.
9. My favorite picture of all time is us in our "Paper Ho" shirts (shout out to Two Chicks Designs) because seriously if you wear this shirt to anything but a scrapbooking thing no one knows what it means and all you get is these strange looks. We know that someday we are going to end up on that "People of Wal-Mart website”.
10. We are most excited about sharing our idea's of using nontraditional scrapbooking items in your scrapbooks with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks. We know after experiencing our class style and page kits you will be a forever customer!
Monday, November 1, 2010
1. Introduce yourself and your company. My name is Debbie and I have been in business since 2001. When I started I felt like I had a little of this and a little of that so hence the name This n That for Memories
2. How did you get started with your business? I went to a scrapbook party and was hooked from then on!
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? My biggest challenge was trying to run a retail store by myself and continue to work a full time job doing something else. My biggest reward is being able to do the thing I love... SCRAPBOOK
4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? My grandkids books are all special to me!
5. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking? My cutter, paper and embellishments.
6. Complete the sentence, I am resourceful
7. My favorite colors to decorate my home are browns to use in my scrapbook are all colors
8. My favorite picture of all time is all my grandkids
9. I am most excited about sharing with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks any help I can give gives me pleasure.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
1. Introduce yourself and your company. My name is Christie Welch. I am the Chief Chick (a.k.a. owner) of Two Chicks Designs! We sell scrapbooking apparel and gifts, along with fabulous grab bags and page kits. We try to make scrapbooking FUN! I work with my husband, Brent. Scrapbookers usually call him Mr. Chick. We have two little boys. Zachary is 5 and Andrew is 2. Life at our house is always interesting…there is NEVER a dull moment!
2. How did you get started with your business? Our business began when Brent (Mr. Chick) had screen printing equipment. My mom owns a quilt shop, and we thought it would be fun to make t-shirts for quilters with funny sayings. The quilting t-shirts sold really well, so we expanded into scrapbooking. Now, we have apparel for both hobbies (and several others), but scrapbooking is definitely my focus.
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? The biggest challenge from my business is also the biggest reward! For 4 years, we attended scrapbooking conventions all over the country. I was usually the person at the convention. During our first convention, Zachary learned to walk. I have missed field trips, Halloweens, and more weekends with my family than I can remember! However, the travel was also the biggest reward because I have met so many wonderful women (and a few men too) all over the country. I love being able to talk to our customers and interact with them face to face rather than through email. We have finally grown the business enough that I don’t have to travel if I don’t want to, so I have enjoyed being home this year. Now I try to do a smaller event every few months. I like the smaller venues, and I love that I have time to scrapbook at smaller shows!
4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? My scrapbooks are my favorite creation. I know that’s a broad answer, but I love it when the boys want to look through their books and “read” them at bedtime. Nothing compares to the joy on their face when they look at the old stories and memories!
5. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? This is a hard one…I really don’t know! I promise to have an answer by the crop!
6. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking?
My pink ATG gun, pop dots, and buttons
7. Complete the sentence, I am excited to come to Joplin and crop with my scrappy friend Jennifer!
8. My favorite colors to decorate my home are reds and browns. My favorite colors to use in my scrapbook are blues and reds…no pink for the boys!
9. My favorite picture of all time is the photo I sent out with Zach’s baby announcements. I love his dimples, crazy hair, and smile!
10. I am most excited about sharing our fun pajamas with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks.
Monday, October 25, 2010
1. Introduce yourself and your company. Hello! My name is Lori McCroskey and I own Clear Dollar Stamps! I am a stay at home mom of two wonderful little girls and have a wonderful husband that gets to do all my accounting for me….he’s so lucky!
2. How did you get started with your business? I started my business out of the corner of my basement when my girls were 2 and 4 years old. They would watch Veggie Tales and I would work on my eBay store (which is where I got started). I started with one of the “boxed” stamp companies, and decided that I would really like to be able to sell on the internet and offer a larger variety of Christian stamps, and that is where the dream of Clear Dollar Stamps began. The business is named Clear Dollar Stamps because I started with all dollar stamps. I wanted every stay at home mom to be able to afford this hobby if they desired to do it!
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? The biggest reward to having my own business is getting to be at home with my family and the biggest challenge is trying to balance a business which is in the home!
4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? We fondly refer to our cards and projects as our paper children….we put so much thought and creativity into each and every one of them. I don’t really have a favorite, but certainly go look at our gallery to see all of our favorites! http://cleardollarstamps.smugmug.com/
5. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? I would love to meet Jesus because I want to be just like him! Think of the stories he could tell!
6. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking? I do mostly card and gift making and the three tools I use most are me Scor-pal, Scor-tape and my line of Clearly Coordinating cardstock, ribbons, pens, and markers!
7. Complete the sentence, I am so blessed to have a job that I absolutely love!
8. My favorite colors to decorate my home are anything trendy to use in my scrapbook are whatever coordinates! Painting my house walls was really a challenge for me as my favorite color changes every few months! That is why I like paper crafting so much….so many colors, so little time!
9. My favorite picture of all time is a picture of my daughter walking down our dirt road with the hay field waving around her….just so tranquil!
10. I am most excited about sharing with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks...my love of paper crafting, as well as, ministering and loving people through gifts and cards!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
2. How did you get started with your business? I began as a scrapbooker after watching my daughters become involved. I went with my daughters to a crop where one of them won a Stampin' Up stamp set as a prize. The demo came to our table to introduce herself, and help my daughter mount the stamp set. She invited us to her class, and I decided to go ( neither daughter wanted to go)!!!!! I had soooooo much fun at that first class, and began going to her monthly classes, and any class that she would have. I was HOOKED!!!!!! From there, I surpassed both my daughters with tools, accessories, papers, stamps, and anything papercrafting. So much so, that I had to have a room dedicated to my crafting. Last year, knowing retirement was looming this year, I took the "plunge" and became a demo. Something I would have NEVER thought I would do ( get up in front of people and teach / show them how to do different things!!!!! Just not me)!!!!!!! But, Stampin' Up products are awesome, it's easy to share that excitement I felt that very first time I went to my first stamp class. And now, I hope in each class that I have, I have made someone feel the excitement I felt and continue to feel using Stampin Up products.
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? The biggest challenge is to try to create something new for each class and to make my classes exciting and fun for my customers. The greatest reward is when that actually happens, and I have made a new friendship and gotten another person excited about Stampin' Up.
4. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? tThis is not scrapbook related - but--GEORGE STRAIT------- just look at him and you'll know WHY!!!!!!!!!!!
5. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking? Designer paper, Big Shot ( to emboss backgrounds), and punches
6. Complete the sentence, I am so lucky to be doing what I absolutely LOVE !!!!
7. My favorite colors to decorate my home are dark reds and yellows, to use in my scrapbook are warm, earthy tones ( reds, browns, dk greens).
8. I am most excited about sharing with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks, All the new Stampin Up products including clear mount stamp sets, designer papers, Big Shot with embossing folders, texture plates, and new dies, and our totally new Color Collection.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
1. Introduce yourself and your company. Hi! My name is Sheri Beersman! I own the Scrap Nook in Bolivar, MO. The Scrap Nook is a unique scrapbooking store specializing in the new and different! Live. Love. Scrap.
2. How did you get started with your business? In 2006, I stepped out and quit my teaching job of 12 years to open my new scrapbooking store. I had no idea that it would become a catalyst for meeting the best friends of my life. When I first started, I noticed that there was very little available in the way of good customer service. We don’t just sell scrapbook supplies, we make friends and earn the business of loyal scrapbookers.
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? The biggest challenge is finding good classes and interesting projects that more than just me will like! The biggest reward is helping people find the perfect thing for their special pictures. When you are helping people to create their pages and projects, you have to keep in mind that you are working with their most precious memories. Plus it’s just FUN!
4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? Lately, I have made a really cool recipe box for one of my friends. I found recipes that were from my family and shared them with her. I used Graphic 45’s Domestic Goddess paper and Tim Holtz Foundations and Curio Knobs.
5. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? A few years ago, I would have chosen differently, but now, I think I can say that I would like to meet my best friends for dinner. These ladies have poured the best of themselves into me over the years...I wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror if it weren’t for their support.
6. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking? My Tim Holtz Scissors....my trimmer....my Distress inking tool
7. Complete the sentence, I am CREATIVE and FRIENDLY!
8. My favorite colors to decorate my home are GREEN AND RED and to use in my scrapbook are EVERYTHING—I love all colors and nothing is off limits for me.
9. My favorite picture of all time is one of my Grandpa when he was in the army in the South Pacific. He is coming out of the tent and he is so handsome! He is wearing his army fatigues and smiling so big...the fatigues are all torn up and he is just fit and musclar. I love seeing him look like that and it makes me wish I would have known him then!
10. I am most excited about sharing Tim Holtz Distress inks, alcohol inks, and embossing folders and dies with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Tonight we begin with Abi Almandinger, Creative Memories Unit Leader and returning vendor for the 2nd year with K.I.S.S. Events.
1. Introduce yourself and your company. Abi Almandinger, Creative Memories Unit Leader! I help busy people find the perfect photo solution for them, whether it be traditional scrapbooking or slide-in style albums…whatever helps them get it done. I even offer DIFY: Do It For You!
2. How did you get started with your business? I went to a girls night out, saw an album unlike anything I’d ever seen and called up a perfect stranger out of the clear blue sky and said, “I’ll do whatever it takes to get a free album”!
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? The biggest challenge is retaining downline, but the biggest reward is seeing women come out of their shells, and build on their inherent strengths. It’s amazing how women develop when given an opportunity!
4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? I once made a Easter basket for my daughter, decorating it out of scrapbook paper. Although it was quite simple, I felt very crafty and proud of my creation (usually they don’t turn out so well!), as well as being “Super Mom”!
6. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking? Computer, mouse, and eyeglasses!
7. Complete the sentence, I am very adventurous!
8. My favorite colors to decorate my home are bright colors (I have blue, yellow, red and green in various rooms of my house) to use in my scrapbook are all of our power palettes! (I think I’ve used all or at least most of them!)
9. My favorite picture of all time is my daughter jumping into her daddy’s arms, completely secure in the knowledge he will catch her and loving the adventure!
Monday, October 18, 2010
To begin, let's talk classes! We have 19 unique and fun classes being offered at Crop Hop 2010! You can choose as many classes as you'd like, either Friday or Saturday and everyone is welcome to take classes at Crop Hop 2010!
K.I.S.S. Bucks are BACK!!
It's simple, register for any of the 19 classes we are offering at the Crop Hop and you will receive K.I.S.S. Bucks to spend with any of our vendors! The more classes you take the more K.I.S.S. Bucks you earn but you must get register for classes prior to November 1st to earn K.I.S.S. Bucks!
1 Class = $1.00 K.I.S.S. Bucks
3 Classes =$4.00 K.I.S.S. Bucks
5 or more Classes = $6.00 K.I.S.S. Bucks
We've worked very hard to offer the highest quality classes and our teachers have done an outstanding job at putting together some awesome projects for you. The prices are far below those you would see at other shows and we limit our class sizes so everyone has ample space to work and our teachers can interact with all students. Most of our classes will come with complete instructions so if you can't attend a class you can pick up a class pack. Projects range from complete albums jammed packed with products and techniques to awesome altered projects that make wonderful Christmas gifts to page layouts for everyone! There is a class for everyone and every level!
Registration will close for all classes on November 1st so that our teachers can prepare their class kits. Some but not all classes will offer on-site sales so if you are truly interested in a class you will need to register prior to November 1st.
You can register by clicking this link: K.I.S.S. Crop-n-Shop Classes