Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's about time...

I've been wanting Christie to attend our K.I.S.S. Event for a couple of years but the timing was always off! Well not this year, she's going to be there with some crazy cool clothing including some awesome pajama pants for those weekend crops we will be hosting next year!!


1. Introduce yourself and your company. My name is Christie Welch. I am the Chief Chick (a.k.a. owner) of Two Chicks Designs! We sell scrapbooking apparel and gifts, along with fabulous grab bags and page kits. We try to make scrapbooking FUN! I work with my husband, Brent. Scrapbookers usually call him Mr. Chick. We have two little boys. Zachary is 5 and Andrew is 2. Life at our house is always interesting…there is NEVER a dull moment!

2. How did you get started with your business? Our business began when Brent (Mr. Chick) had screen printing equipment. My mom owns a quilt shop, and we thought it would be fun to make t-shirts for quilters with funny sayings. The quilting t-shirts sold really well, so we expanded into scrapbooking. Now, we have apparel for both hobbies (and several others), but scrapbooking is definitely my focus.

3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? The biggest challenge from my business is also the biggest reward! For 4 years, we attended scrapbooking conventions all over the country. I was usually the person at the convention. During our first convention, Zachary learned to walk. I have missed field trips, Halloweens, and more weekends with my family than I can remember! However, the travel was also the biggest reward because I have met so many wonderful women (and a few men too) all over the country. I love being able to talk to our customers and interact with them face to face rather than through email. We have finally grown the business enough that I don’t have to travel if I don’t want to, so I have enjoyed being home this year. Now I try to do a smaller event every few months. I like the smaller venues, and I love that I have time to scrapbook at smaller shows!

4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? My scrapbooks are my favorite creation. I know that’s a broad answer, but I love it when the boys want to look through their books and “read” them at bedtime. Nothing compares to the joy on their face when they look at the old stories and memories!

5. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? This is a hard one…I really don’t know! I promise to have an answer by the crop!

6. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking?
My pink ATG gun, pop dots, and buttons

7. Complete the sentence, I am excited to come to Joplin and crop with my scrappy friend Jennifer!

8. My favorite colors to decorate my home are reds and browns. My favorite colors to use in my scrapbook are blues and reds…no pink for the boys!

9. My favorite picture of all time is the photo I sent out with Zach’s baby announcements. I love his dimples, crazy hair, and smile!




10. I am most excited about sharing our fun pajamas with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks.

No comments: